2017-18 – 2021-22
OMDC’s new five-year strategic plan will focus the agency’s resources on stimulating economic growth and employment, encouraging collaboration and innovation, and promoting Ontario’s creative industries while striving to be flexible, collaborative, accountable, and inclusive.
Here is OMDC’s Strategic Plan framework. Hover over the graphic for more information.
Here is OMDC’s Strategic Plan framework. Click for more information.
An Ontario where our creative industries are globally leading and competitive, celebrate Ontario’s cultural vitality, and drive economic growth and development in the province
To be a catalyst for economic development in Ontario’s creative industries through investment, promotion, and facilitation of innovation and collaboration, both domestically and internationally
OMDC is delivering a suite of programs and services through funding initiatives, tax credits and industry development. These programs have been vital to the growth of Ontario’s creative industries and will continue to be a focus for the organization in the future. OMDC will build on the success of these programs by focusing on stimulating economic growth, industry promotion, and facilitating collaboration and innovation over the next five years.
Promote the Industries
- We will build awareness, encourage development and attract investment into Ontario’s creative industries
- We will generate excitement about the achievements of Ontario’s creative industries
- We will support the promotion of Ontario’s creative industries domestically and internationally
Encourage Collaboration and Innovation
- We will build and foster collaborative relationships among the creative industries to encourage innovation
- We will facilitate relationships between creative industries and the broader private and public sectors, domestically and internationally
- We will actively seek opportunities to generate and share knowledge and ideas
Stimulate Economic Growth & Employment
- We will invest in high potential companies to help them grow and compete domestically and internationally
- We will deliver targeted programs and services that add value and have impact
- We will embrace new opportunities and tools to support content development in all sectors
As OMDC works to meet our strategic goals we will need to bolster our strong operations by focusing on internal enablers that will help us achieve continued success.
Empower People and Teams
- We will actively ensure our culture reflects the diversity of Ontario and contributes to our vision, mission and values
- We will be an employer of choice to recruit and retain the best people in an inclusive work environment
- We will support our staff to be expert leaders through ongoing learning and development
Ensure Service and Operational Excellence
- We will ensure a respectful customer experience for everyone who interacts with OMDC
- We will be informed by evidence to continuously improve the value and impact of programs and services
- We will be fiscally responsible, accountable and transparent in our operations to ensure that public funds are invested effectively
OMDC’s values reflect the attitudes and behaviours we are committed to in our programs and across our organization. OMDC’s values are fundamental to our relationship with our stakeholders and to our internal culture. OMDC’s team will demonstrate our commitment to these core values though our decisions, program design and interactions with our partners, the industry and one another.
Be open to new ideas and approaches and proactively adjust based on our environment.
Take risks that support our vision based on good information and learn from investments that do not meet expectations.
Work with each other and our partners to achieve the best possible outcomes.
Deliver on our commitments, be open and transparent about our progress, and hold ourselves responsible for our actions.
Value, celebrate and support diversity.