OMF – Music Futures
Peter Katz - Plaid Shirt Music
Sate - CLK Creative Works
July Talk - Sleepless Records
SING! The Toronto Vocal Arts Festival - Countermeasure performance
The Music Futures stream of the Ontario Music Fund is aimed at stimulating entrepreneurship and providing support to develop Ontario’s diverse and emerging music industry, including artist entrepreneurs which have the potential to grow professionally if provided with business mentoring, skills development and working capital to expand their recording, touring or A&R (artist and repertoire) capacity.Deadline
IMPORTANT 2016-17 Program Update
To transition the Music Futures deadline for spring to fall (for Promoters/Presenters and Booking Agents only), applicants seeking funding for annual festivals, music series or events that exceed a 12-month window may choose to apply for:a) 2016 activities retroactively
c) A combination of 2016 & 2017 events, presented as two separate activities (with corresponding budgets).
NOTE: For the 2016-17 program year only, applicants applying for two consecutive years of support (option c) may apply for up to $75,000 (rather than the usual Music Futures program cap $50,000) provided that the intent to do so is registered with the OMDC at least 2 weeks in advance of the application deadline. Full eligibility requirements and details can be found in the Music Futures Guidelines.
- Applications must be submitted via the OMDC Online Application Portal (OAP). Applications submitted by any other method will not be accepted.
- Before beginning an application, your company’s corporate information must be registered with the OAP. If you do not have a user account on OAP, please go to https://apply.omdc.on.ca and click on “Register”.
- If your company is registered, the OMDC Music Fund deadline will appear in your dashboard. To start the application, click on “Start new application” and follow the onscreen directions to access the application form.
- Applicants are encouraged to start the application process well in advance of the deadline in case technical support is required.
- If you encounter problems setting up your company’s corporate information, you can email email@example.com for assistance. This email address can also be used for any technical questions you have about the OAP.
There are no Information Sessions scheduled at this time.OMF Music Futures #1 Info Session Presentation
(For Domestic Record Labels, Artist-Entrepreneurs, Music Managers and Music Publishers)OMF Music Futures #2 Info Session Presentation
(For Domestic Music Promoters/Presenters and Booking Agents)
Guidelines and Application Form
Applicants are encouraged to thoroughly review the guidelines and if necessary, register your company’s corporate information with the OAP.Enquiries
Program Coordinator, OMO
Enquiries regarding the Online Application Portal (OAP) should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
To receive notification of upcoming deadlines and program updates, please email OMF@omdc.on.ca with your complete contact information, including your full name, company name and telephone number, as well as the name of the program that you are interested in.