OMF – Music Company Development
A Tribe Called Red
Shawn Mendes - Universal Music Canada
The Weeknd - CP Music Group
The Music Company Development stream of the Ontario Music Fund is intended to provide Ontario-based music companies with funding to support new or expanded business activities, including strategic business and market development, in the form of investments and undertakings.
April 17, 2019, by 5pm ET
Domestic Record Labels, Multinational Record Labels, Music Managers and Music Publishers with eligible revenues of $100,000 or more, may apply for up to $750,000 per funding cycle. Applicants with eligible revenues that exceed $5M may apply for an additional $250,000 for new strategic activities.
Artist-Entrepreneurs with eligible revenues of $100,000 or more may apply for up to $100,000 per funding cycle.
NOTE: Full eligibility requirements and details can be found in the Music Company Development Guidelines.
- Applications must be submitted via the Ontario Creates Online Application Portal (OAP). Applications submitted by any other method will not be accepted.
- Before beginning an application, your company’s corporate information must be registered with the OAP. If you do not have a user account on OAP, please go to https://apply.ontariocreates.ca and click on “Register”.
- If your company is registered, the Music Fund deadline will appear in your dashboard. To start the application, click on “Start new application” and follow the onscreen directions to access the application form.
- Applicants are encouraged to start the application process well in advance of the deadline in case technical support is required.
- If you encounter problems setting up your company’s corporate information, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. This email address can also be used for any technical questions you have about the OAP.
Interested applicants are strongly encouraged to attend an upcoming Information Session.
Registration is required. Please complete the online registration form by 5:00 pm on the day prior to the Information Session. Unregistered guests will only be accepted if space permits.Information Session
|Date:||March 27, 2019 (REGISTRATION IS CLOSED)|
|Time:||2:30 pm - 4:00 pm|
|Location:||Conference Centre, Main Floor, North Tower, 175 Bloor Street East, Toronto, Ontario (Map)|
||April 3, 2019 (REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED)
|Time:||2:30pm - 4:00pm|
NEW: Information Session
|Date:||April 4, 2019 (REGISTRATION REQUIRED)|
|Time:||11:00 am - 12:30 pm|
|Location:||Conference Centre, Main Floor, 175 Bloor Street East, Toronto, Ontario (Map)|
*Note: Access to this Information Session is limited. Priority will be given to persons with accessibility challenges, and registrants outside of the GTA. Online information session participants will receive an invitation via email with a link and password to login and will be able to call in via conference call during the session.Guidelines and Application Form
OMF Music Company Development - Activity Budget Template
Applicants are encouraged to thoroughly review the guidelines and if necessary, register your company’s corporate information with the OAP.Enquiries Program Coordinator, OMO
Enquiries regarding the Online Application Portal (OAP) should be directed to email@example.com
To receive notification of upcoming deadlines and program updates, please register with your complete contact information, including your full name, company name and telephone number, as well as the name of the program that you are interested in.