Maudie | 2016 Atlantic Film Festival | Gordon Parson Award for Best Atlantic Feature
Unless | 2016 TIFF Special Presentation
Two Lovers and a Bear | 2016 TIFF Special Presentation
The Skyjacker’s Tale | 2016 TIFF Docs
Mean Dreams | 2016 TIFF Special Presentation
League of Exotique Dancers | 2016 Don Haig Award Recipient – Ed Barreveld, Producer
The OMDC Film Fund is intended to increase the level of domestic feature film production in Ontario. It provides support to Ontario producers for feature film projects in the final stages of development and production financing.
The OMDC Film Fund consists of two components: Development and Production
Deadline: October 10, 2017 (by 5:00 pm)
Development : provides funding in the form of an interest-free loan of up to $25,000 for the final stages of development and packaging.
Production : provides funding in the form of a repayable advance of up to $400,000 on a last-in basis to complete the financing of a feature film.
NOTE: Full eligibility requirements can be found in OMDC Film Fund Production Guidelines and OMDC Film Fund Development Guidelines. Please read the guidelines completely before beginning your application. OMDC reserves the right to revise Guidelines and Application Forms. Please ensure that you have the current versions before preparing your documentation.
- Applicants must submit their application to OMDC electronically through the Online Application Portal (OAP) at https://apply.omdc.on.ca.
- Applicants that do not have a user account on OAP, should go to https://apply.omdc.on.ca and click on “Register”. For assistance, please see OMDC’s website for the “OAP Quick Start Guide”.
- Applications will be reviewed by OMDC for completeness, eligibility and financial viability.
- Applications that pass this initial review will be assessed by an industry jury and OMDC for final funding recommendations.
- Decisions will be announced on or about February 1, 2018. Successful applicants must enter into a funding commitment agreement with the OMDC within one month of notification
- OMDC reserves the right to withdraw its funding commitment should project financing not be complete within the negotiated time frame, the project no longer meets one or more of the funds eligibility requirements or the project changes significantly from time of initial commitment.
- Applications must be received at OMDC offices electronically via the OAP system no later than 5:00 pm on the date of the deadlines.
- Applications that are received after the deadline will not be considered.
- It is imperative that applications include all the required materials listed on the application form.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Information Session - REGISTRATION REQUIRED
||Wednesday, August 23, 2017|
||10:00 am - 12:00 pm|
||Conference Centre, Main Floor, North Tower, 175 Bloor Street East, Toronto.|
Webinar* REGISTRATION REQUIRED
||Thursday, August 24, 2017|
||2:00 pm - 4:00 pm|
*Note: Access to this information session is limited. Priority will be given to persons with accessibility challenges, and registrants outside of the GTA. Online information session participants will receive an invitation via email with a link and password to login and will be able to call in via conference call during the session.
If you are interested in attending an Ontario Media Development Corporation Information Session but require it be conducted in French please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 28, 2017 and arrangements will be made to schedule an additional session on an alternate date.
If you are interested in attending an OMDC Information Session and have additional accessibility issues that need to be considered, please contact us as above.
OMDC Film Fund – Development Guidelines
OMDC Film Fund - Development Budget
OMDC Film Fund – Production Guidelines
Schedule of Minimum Commitment of Ontario Expenditures
OMDC Film Fund – Applicant Production Company Statement
Application Form/Online Application Portal
Program Coordinator, Industry Initiatives
Enquiries regarding the Online Application Portal (OAP) should be directed to email@example.com
To receive notification of upcoming deadlines and program updates, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your complete contact information, including your full name, company name and telephone number, as well as the name of the program that you are interested in.