Collaboration and Innovation Fund
The Collaboration and Innovation Fund (CIF) is a pilot program developed in response to ongoing changes in the marketplace, the continued blending of content across sectors and platforms, and evolving business models. The CIF will help transform innovative and entrepreneurial ideas into goods and services, and drive growth and productivity.
The CIF provides support for projects that fit within OMDC’s mandate but currently fall outside of existing program parameters.
No current deadlines for this program.
- Applicants must be a successful fund recipient and continue to remain eligible for one of the following programs: OMDC Export Fund; OMDC Book Fund; OMDC Film Fund; OMDC Interactive Digital Media Fund; OMDC Magazine Fund.
- The CIF will be delivered in two phases. Participation in Phase One will be adjudicated through an Expression of Interest (EOI) application process. Successful Phase One applicants will participate in a project development cycle that will strengthen strategic and project plans. Only Phase One participants will have the opportunity to apply for project financing in Phase Two.
Full eligibility requirements and details can be found in the CIF Guidelines. Please read the guidelines completely prior to commencing your application. OMDC reserves the right to revise Guidelines and Application Forms.
Phase One: Program elements will be provided and funded by OMDC. Funding of up to $7,500 may also be available to approved EOI applicants in Phase One to support development costs that will enhance project’s readiness for implementation and/or production. Specific support requirements will be assessed on a case-by-case basis for each project, but eligible costs may include external consulting, development of project concept including research, writer’s fees, legal costs, and creation of marketing and support materials.
Phase Two: The maximum contribution available through the Collaboration and Innovation Fund for project implementation/production support in Phase Two is $150,000 capped at 75% of the total budget. The contribution is non-refundable.
The proposed activity must be approved by OMDC before an application can be submitted. Contact the OMDC to discuss your project at least 2 weeks in advance of the Phase One EOI deadline.
- Applications must be submitted via the OMDC Online Application Portal (OAP). Applications submitted by any other method will not be accepted. All applicants are strongly encouraged to commence their applications early should assistance be required.
- Before beginning an application, your company’s corporate information must be registered with the OAP. If you do not have a user account on OAP, please go to https://apply.omdc.on.ca and click on “Register”. For assistance, please see OMDC’s website for the “OAP Quick Start Guide”.
- Applicants who have a user account should ensure that relevant company information is up-to-date. Applicants that are already registered will see both the Phase One and Phase Two application deadlines in their dashboard. To start the application, click on “Start New Application” and follow the directions through the five step wizard to access the application form. Applicants are encouraged to start the application process well in advance of the deadline in case technical support is required. If you encounter problems setting up your Company’s corporate information, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. This email address can also be used for any technical questions you have about the OAP.
There are no currently scheduled Information Sessions at this time.
To be added to our distribution list to receive notification of upcoming deadlines and program updates please email email@example.com with your complete contact information, including full name, company’s name, telephone number, and the name of the program that you are interested in.
Enquiries regarding OMDC programs should be directed to the Coordinator, Industry Initiatives: