OMDC Research Grants
OMDC offers financial support directly to incorporated not-for-profit industry organizations undertaking research initiatives that support or complement the mandate of OMDC.
Proposed projects should achieve one or more of the following goals in the creative media industries: provide information needed by an industry to further industry development or growth; update, improve or strengthen existing data or address an existing information gap or gaps.
Full eligibility requirements and guidelines are outlined in the OMDC Research Grant Guidelines.
- Applications must be submitted via the OMDC Online Application Portal (OAP). Applications submitted by any other method will not be accepted.
- Before beginning an application, your organization’s corporate information must be registered with the OAP. If you do not have a user account on OAP, please go to https://apply.omdc.on.ca and click on “Register”.
If your organization is registered, the OMDC Research Grant deadline will appear in your dashboard. To start the application, click on “Start new application” and follow the onscreen directions to access the application form.
- Applicants are encouraged to start the application process well in advance of the deadline in case technical support is required. If you encounter problems setting up your organization’s corporate information, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. This email address can also be used for any technical questions you have about the OAP.
Upcoming Research Application Deadlines:
Research deadlines will be at 5:30 p.m., Toronto time, on the following dates:
- Monday, March 16, 2015 (decisions for this deadline will be made after April 1, 2015);
- Monday, June 22, 2015;
- Monday, November 9, 2015;
- Monday, March 14, 2016 (decisions for this deadline will be made after April 1, 2016).
Please note: Research Grant Application deadlines are posted in advance subject to the availability of funds. OMDC reserves the right to cancel a Research Grant Application deadline in advance of the submission date if there are not sufficient funds available to fund one or more eligible applications.
** OMDC reserves the right to revise Guidelines and Application Forms at any time. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that they are using the most current Guidelines, available for download on this page.
Inquiries regarding OMDC Research should be directed to the Research and Strategic Planning department.